Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: OPENDRC DI : how many parametric equalizer bands ?

OPENDRC DI : how many parametric equalizer bands ? 8 months 3 weeks ago #39920

• Franck74
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello
I plan to buy an OPEN DRC DI, for headphones equalization.
The signal chain, that I want to keep digital, would be :
Sony WM1Z DAP --> CYP CDB-6 (USB to toslink adapter) --> Open DRC DI --> Questyle Cma600i --> headphones

It would be under-use of the power of Open DRC, but I need to be able to store and recall easely 4 headphone equalization presets, and a gear that is "living room friendly".

My question : how many bands can I use for parametric equalization, if I use only an equalization plug-in ?

I red in the manual about 6 bands, which seems very few regarding the processing power of the OpenDRC In.

Thanks in advance for you help :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

OPENDRC DI : how many parametric equalizer bands ? 8 months 6 days ago #40118

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1039
@Franck74

THe OpenDRC-DI is mainly an FIR processor. That's what we're using all the DSP resources for. :-)
If you want to use PEQ instead for this platform you could use rephase to generate some PEQ/Graphic EQ instead?
Please check out the app note here for more details. www.minidsp.com/applications/advanced-tools/rephase-fir-tool

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

OPENDRC DI : how many parametric equalizer bands ? 6 months 3 weeks ago #41142

• TYU
  • Fresh Boarder
Franck74,

Looks like we are of one mind!

I recently purchased the OpenDRC-DI and can confirm (unless devteam can rescue me with a software suggestion, fingers crossed miniSHARC 4x8 plugin) that it is limited to 6 PEQ bands, period.

Basically what we're looking for is a 2x4HD with optical/USB in and optical out for use with external DAC and Amp.
Moderators: devteam