Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Opendrc-an channel issue

Opendrc-an channel issue 1 year 3 months ago #37350

So, im running 2 sets of subs. 2 horn, 2 sealed.
I have the sealed subs hpf/lpf set for 10hz - 40hz 24btw and the horn for 40hz -100hz 24btw. Running fromma dual channel sub output on a marantz 7702mk2.

I know i must be missing something but when running level testing on the processor to set the channels spl, the horn channel does nothing and the sealed sub channel works fine (as in plays the pink noise to set the channel level. )

If I swap around the inputs, the other subs work fine (its not a cable of the output of the marantz) So for some reason, the higher horn subs side of the dsp are just not working. The only dps settings ive changed are the hpf, lpf on both channels, nothing else has been touched.

Im sure its something simple but figured Id ask.
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Opendrc-an channel issue 1 year 3 months ago #37404

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1039
It indeed sounds like a misconfiguration of the DSP I'd think...
- What about sharing your DSP configuration (file - > save) and how you wired your speakers to the OpenDRC (i.e. which out to which speakers). IT would help troubleshoot.
- Did you try to monitor your RMS in/out?

Devteam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

Opendrc-an channel issue 1 year 3 months ago #37438

Oh. didn;t notice the reply lol

The dsp with the lower 5hz to 45hz is the one that works on channel 1. If I invert the channels and the higher xover one still wont work, I'm sure its something easy but it just worked for so long, I can't remember what I did to get everything working the first time.
the lower xover is from sub 1 in the 7702mk2 to my 24's and the sub 2 is to the Horns.

I haven't checked the Rms output, I don't have anything to do so at this point.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by thegovernment.

Opendrc-an channel issue 1 year 2 months ago #37485

• devteam
  • Administrator
Ok, so what's your input signal here? You're feeding 2ch to the OpenDRC or one cable?

You don't need anything to monitor the signal on the DSP. Simply connect (must be live), and click the MONITOR button.
Can you see audio on both Input channels? Can you see audio on both output channels?

Please have a quick look at user manual for a refresher. Thanks.

DevTeam

Opendrc-an channel issue 1 year 2 months ago #37517

2 inputs from 2 channels, 2 cables.. There is audio coming from both channels of the mini when monitored but nothing actually coming from the one channel of the higher 40hz and up channel. You can switch inputs, cables, amps etc, no matter what you do, the higher freq channel doesnt have any output at the amp side.

I got the exact settings from a friend copied it to mine and same thing, his works, mine doesnt.

Opendrc-an channel issue 1 year 2 months ago #37599

• devteam
  • Administrator
Are you 150% sure that you indeed configured/flashed that DSP correctly being live and sync? Maybe you're offline?

have a trial at the following:
a) Connect to unit / Must be live and synchronized with plugin
b) Click RESTORE TO DEFAULT ALL
c) Rebuild that simple crossover configuration you have. It's 2 filters. Easy to remember.
d) Monitor your INPUT "MONITOR" button and your Output "MONITOR" button. These are for the RMS in/out. If you can see the signal in the DSP, you should be all good.

If the above doesn't help, easiest that you start a tech support with the proper channels with our tech support team. Forum is only for community help. Tech support can be reached from SUPPORT - > CONTACT US.

Hoping this helps

Devteam
Moderators: devteam