Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Final Plea for FIR filenames...

Final Plea for FIR filenames... 1 year 4 months ago #36798

• captgnarly
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi DevTeam, sorry to bring this up yet one more time...
but it is SO dang maddening not to have the FIR filenames kept in the pluggin.

I'll propose one final attempt at a solution, then just shut up forever on it... ;)

Why can't the pluggin simply keep the last filename that was loaded into the pluggin?
Hopefully :laugh: , that's what's in the OpenDRC...

Even if the last file loaded into the pluggin was not sent to the OpenDRC , it really doesn't matter IMO....
...because you've already gone into the need to re-sync, as the pluggin differs from what's in the OpenDRC.
So there's nothing to loose with even a wrong file....the wrong one is going to get into the unit just to be able to regain communication with it.

It seems to me, that making the pluggin have the ability keep the last filename is just a little pluggin coding,
and doesn't require any communication/programming changes with the OpenDRC...

Please !!!! Or show me where I'm thinking wrong ?

Thanks and Best, Mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Final Plea for FIR filenames... 1 year 4 months ago #36806

• Richard
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 68
I also agree with captgnarly, this would be a very good feature to add, please.

Likewise, it's also annoying that there's an SD card slot built into the underneath side of the MiniSHARC main board inside every OpenDRC, yet there's no way in the firmware to use that SD card to load or save filters. (It only exists for purpose of other OEM solutions.) If we all could transfer the files via the SD cards (although currently opening case with screwdrivers to access SD slot them would be awkward)or read the contents of the SD card via USB and upload from there, it would allow you to see the full stored filenames.

The Waveflex LCD panel upgrade is another very interesting option, but sadly that doesn't display full filenames - which is a missed opportunity for such a nice LCD display - although it's not Waveflex's fault if the OpenDRC firmware doesn't provide that ability.

Hopefully one day, MiniDSP could make an improved Ver 2 of the OpenDRC with an LCD display like Waveflex built-in as factory standard, with dB level volume display, full FIR filename display and load / save options from a front panel SD card slot. And with overall increased memory and DSP power for 32,768 tap filters. I'd buy that! Especially a 2 x 6 channel model for stereo 3-way crossover work.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Richard.

Final Plea for FIR filenames... 1 year 4 months ago #36814

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1039
@ Mark

Are you sure you didn't try the latest build of the OPenDRC plugin? ;-)
It was posted yesterday... FYI both 2x4HD and miniSHARC support storing the name of the FIR. So does the OpenDRC plugin now.
Have fun

@ Richard,

Thanks for the feedback. SD card been indeed on our roadmap. It works here but we've been too busy with few projects to perform all the testing and work to release it to the wild. From the point a feature works to the process it's actually released it's typically a while to be safe.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard, captgnarly

Final Plea for FIR filenames... 1 year 4 months ago #36845

• captgnarly
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Yee Haw !!!!!
Bless you Devteam, and MiniDSP !!!!

Now I have to go back and shorten some of my ridiculously long filenames, so they can fit in the storage bin haha

Very Best, Mark
Moderators: devteam