Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: miniSHARC 4x8 Plugin 48kHz/96kHz compatibility

miniSHARC 4x8 Plugin 48kHz/96kHz compatibility 2 months 4 hours ago #36291

When using the 96kHz plugin on OpenDRC-DA8 using Tidal as source I find the sound quality of the Master tracks (96kHz) is OK but the standard Hifi (44.1kHz) sounds very harsh and bright in terrible with no bass, is this a limitation of the 96kHz plugin that it will process everything at 96kHZ with the resulting harsh sound quality on lower bit rate data. Is there a way to switch between 48 and 96kHz as required without having to uninstall each plugin as they dont seem to coexist either.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

miniSHARC 4x8 Plugin 48kHz/96kHz compatibility 1 month 3 weeks ago #36373

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 827
@ deanjohnston02

Very odd to hear this... I wonder how we can make a measurement to try to prove this. Maybe a simple:
Digital @ 48k -> OpenDRC-DA8 -> Audio Precision
Digital @ 96k ->OpenDRC-DA8 -> Audio precision.

Run the 2 measurements and see if we can witness anything here.. WE're assuming that you're running the latest plugin/firmware?
Please send us your DSP settings as XML?

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds