Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: center and sub mixed up when DRC-88A in signalpath

center and sub mixed up when DRC-88A in signalpath 2 years 3 months ago #32744

• nethien
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, i am a new user of mini dsp and i have a strange issue.
I am using a DDRC-88A between a Yamaha 5100 preamp and the matching 5000 11ch poweramp.
When i am using the test tones generated from my preamp, the 7.1 channels work correctly (DDRC-88A in signal path), when i hook up my windows 10 laptop to the DDRC-88A and use the Dirac Live Calibration tool to set everything up, some channels are mixed up:
channel 3 and 4 are inverted (sub and center) as well as surrounds and rears , if i use the test signal generator through that program.
The cabling is double and triple checked ( i have the cables labeled and numbered for input and output), they are also plugged in the right places, be it on the MiniDsp or amp/preamp.
Once all my measuring is done and the files uploaded to the DDRC-88A and the laptop is unplugged, i have no more center and sub ( ihave not checked yet whether rears and surrounds are inverted as well).
What have i done wrong and how can i correct my mistake?
Yamaha preamp is set to straight, so there should be no additional DSPs involved.
I tried to watch a soccer game and got all the ambiance, but no commentator (TV channel must have put 100% of it in center channel). I get a very faint commentator through the sub.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by nethien.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

center and sub mixed up when DRC-88A in signalpath 2 years 3 months ago #32746

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1498
If the signals are not coming out of the correct channels when you are running the test tones on the Output&Levels page, then your wiring is not correct...

HTH :)
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

center and sub mixed up when DRC-88A in signalpath 2 years 2 months ago #32788

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1050
@ nethien

Try double confirming that the wiring is correct with the DDRC-88A plugin as first step.
i.e. play test tone from your AVR and make sure that it shows up in the correct channel in the plugin looking at the RMS.
What's your ch arrangement? Maybe it's different from the default arrangement from the Dirac Live software/DDRC-88A channel layout. if so, just modify the name under the plugin, and also modify the name under Dirac Live by going to "CUSTOM" configuration.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam