Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Add nanoSHARC kit to OpenDRC-DA8

Add nanoSHARC kit to OpenDRC-DA8 2 years 6 months ago #31457

• pjl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I looked at nanoSHARC kit and it has USB and Toslink inputs, which OpenDRC-DA8 does not have. Is it possible to add nanoSHARC kit as input board using I2S output, use miniDSP 2x4 HD1 plug-in and feed 2-channel audio to OpenDRC-DA8? It would be very useful to have 2 stage FIR filtering capability as well as USB streaming all together in a single box.

Cascading USBStreamer Box, OpenDRC-DI and OpenDRC-DA8 can do the same function but at higher cost and bulkness.

Would miniDSP be able to integrate nanoSHARC kit to OpenDRC-DA8 if a customer requests with additional cost?

Thanks,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Add nanoSHARC kit to OpenDRC-DA8 2 years 6 months ago #31458

• dreite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 630
Much duplication of functions/capabilities with the miniSHARC and nanoSHARC boards, but interfacing those two boards together via I2S should work. If just the extra inputs is of primary concern, you could couple a DIGI-FP to the OpenDRC/miniDAC combination. That is the original configuration I put together that inspired the OpenDRC-DA8 unit.

However, an external box could provide that also. There are hundreds of USB/SPDIF/ TOSLINK/coax converters available. Simply add one of those to the OpenDRC-DA8 and you'd be set.

Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam, dcgold, neatlyfolded

Add nanoSHARC kit to OpenDRC-DA8 2 years 4 months ago #32132

• Svetopisez
  • Junior Boarder
I have the same question as pjl. I need the second DSP in my system to divide a tasks and add the USB input. Now I have the combination of the DIGI-FP board, miniSHARC and Buffalo III 8-ch DAC. I want to have the room correction and whole system phase correction in one DSP (to have more FIR taps and computer power) and crossover in second. My question is - which solution will fit my needs better: USBSteamer + miniSHARC (added to my existing miniSHARC in serial connection) or nanoSHARC as a first stage? And how they shold be connected and configured?

BR
Dmitry

Add nanoSHARC kit to OpenDRC-DA8 1 year 10 months ago #34537

• pjl
  • Fresh Boarder
I’ve been thinking about interfacing between nanoSharc, miniSharc and miniDac8. Perhaps, I can ask my original question differently. Using already available plug-ins and firmwares for nanoSharc and miniSharc, can I do the following?

1. Feed 4 output channels of nanoSharc in I2S form to miniSharc’s first and second I2S inputs - nanoSharc as master and miniSharc as input slave. According to documentation, 2x4HD1 plug-ins can output 4 channels and miniSharc can be input slave and take 4 inputs as one I2S and one SPDIF. SPDIF input for miniSharc is asynchronous and copied to I2S channel 3/4 but I am not sure if I can feed input to I2S channel 3/4 bypassing SPDIF.

2. MiniSharc manual says miniSharc with miniDac8 can be input slave if it uses special firmware. Using 4x8 miniSharc plugin, I’d like to drive 8 channels through miniDac8.

Would this set up be possible?

Thanks
Moderators: devteam