Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Coupling caps on output of DA-8? 4 years 11 months ago #28163

• Fenalaar
  • Fenalaar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi,

I've bought a DA8, and I'm using it with a homebrew amp, using two Hypex UcD180 modules and a Hypex UcD34MP module for experimentation.

In the end, it is going to be used with active speakers, using one Hypex UcD400 module and either one Hypex UcD32MP or two UcD180 per side.

Now, I'm wondering if the MiniDac in the DA8 has coupling caps on the output, or if it has a posibility of DC on its output.

The reason I'm asking, is I'm wondering if it is safe to just remove the coupling caps on the inputs of the Hypex UcD180 modules, or if I need to keep them...

Johan-Kr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Fenalaar.

Coupling caps on output of DA-8? 4 years 11 months ago #28182

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1290
@ Johan-Kr

There are indeed coupling caps on the miniDAC8 board. We'd recommend that you keep them this being said. If by any mistake you were to swap hardware, I don't think that it would be too happy about it.. Our 2cts.. :-)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Coupling caps on output of DA-8? 4 years 11 months ago #28191

• Fenalaar
  • Fenalaar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18
The MiniDAC being AC or DC coupled determines how overboard I can go in tweaking the amp. This means that it shouldn't have DC on the output...

Johan-Kr

• Page:
Moderators: devteam