Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)
  • Page:

TOPIC: OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8

OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8 2 years 9 months ago #29254

• DonCamillo
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the information!

You are right I just need two additional balanced outputs on the DRC-DA . I thought I can add an AN-FP which indeed is I2S + DAC and 2 balanced outputs?
As I already learned the inputs of an additional AN-FP will no work, thus I will unsolder the XLR plugs/ don't use the input part.

Edit:
To make it more detailed, does anybody have a pinout plan of AN-FP?
I like to connect the output stage of the AN-FP with the minisharc J2, output 3 & 4 (I guess 1 & 2 are used for the original DRC outputs)

Compareable to the connection of the Curryman DAC to the sharc:
AN-FPminiSHARC
Pin?Pin #17 for output channels 3&4 (I2S_DATA_OUT3&4)
Pin?Pin #15 (I2S_IN_BCLK)
Pin?Pin #14 (I2S_IN_LRCK)
GND Pin?Pins #5 - #8

Or does anybody know a better I2S DAC + balanced output board?
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by DonCamillo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8 2 years 9 months ago #29255

• Fenalaar
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I suspect the AN-FP uses the same I2Schannels as the AN-DI, so you'll hane to make som custom cables, rerouting to a different set of I2S channels.

If you want several outputs, you can add a MiniDAC8 for 8 single ended outputs. Since you have the Minisharc board from before, you'll need to contac support before ordering, so you get all the bits and pieces you need to stack the dac on top of the dsp.

Johan-Kr

OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8 2 years 9 months ago #29257

• DonCamillo
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, according to the manual AN-FP and DA-FP will use the same port (DIGI FP-header).
Due to this I like to connect the DA-FP with the DIGI FP-header (as it is original in a DRC-DA) and connect the additional AN-FP to the connector J2 (only the output section). So the question is will it work and how is the pinout of the AN-FP?

Don

OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8 2 years 2 weeks ago #33262

• planetti
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi DonCamillo,
Do you have an answer to your question, if the AN-FP and the DA-FP can be operated simultaniously with the minisharc?
I would also be interested ....

OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8 2 years 1 week ago #33314

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1039
@ Planetti

in answer to your question, only ONE i/o card (AN-FP/DIGI-FP/DAFP) can be connected to a miniSHARC. You can't have multiple IO card. There is only one I2S 14 pin header.

HTH
DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neatlyfolded

OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8 2 years 1 week ago #33339

• planetti
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
@devteam
Thank you for involving into the topic.
devteam wrote:
in answer to your question, only ONE i/o card (AN-FP/DIGI-FP/DAFP) can be connected to a miniSHARC. You can't have multiple IO card. There is only one I2S 14 pin header.

Indeed, since there is only one 14 pin header DonCamillo asked for the relating pins on the 30 pin header in order to use part of the AN-FP additionally, see above post #29254. There might be some interest out there when distributing some different signals out of the minisharc.

What is the pin settings of the 14 pin header of the FP-AN (or likewise of the FP-DI or FP-DA) ?

Thank you for your response.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 week ago by planetti. Reason: little correction

OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8 1 year 10 months ago #34085

• Fenalaar
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
A bit delayed answer here.

You might be able to use the input of one card, together with the output of the other. That involves splitting the cable, in order to route the send and receive channels properly.

You will not be able to use the inputs of both, as the plugin only can handle one I2S input and an SPDIF input.

Johan-Kr

OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8 1 year 9 months ago #34739

• burninater
  • Fresh Boarder
Tried hooking this up over the weekend and can't get it to go. I removed the XLR connectors and grounded pins 1 and 3 and ran 2 as signal for an unbalanced input, but it doesn't get a signal from the I2C input. Any suggestions? My guess is that I fried the board removing the connectors, or i need to add/remove some jumpers somehwere (left the AN-FP jumpers in 2V). I checked continuity on the cable and it looks OK. Power routes through the board and the USB works....running out of ideas short of ordering another an-fp and trying again. Thanks.

OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8 1 year 5 months ago #36603

• amr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have just tried an OpenDRC-DA8 + AN-FP . It works great! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

OpenDRC-AN-DI-DA8 1 year 3 months ago #37374

• xnwrx
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Does anyone tried to connect a DIGI-FP to the OpenDRC DA-8 and check wether the SPDIF output works or not ? And if it works, which ones of the 8 analog channel it replicates ?
I need another SPDIF output to this DA-8 (just to let you know, I already connected the available miniSharc SPDIF output and it works fine replicating Analog out 7 and 8, but I need another aditionnal SPDIF outputfor a total of two digital stereo output).
Thkx.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam