Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Setting Crossover for Subs and Mains /w OpenDRC 5 years 5 months ago #24406

• Twolions
  • Twolions's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I have the following active system setup. Have an OpenDRC which feeds one Dynacord DSP600 via an AES/EBU cable, while the other Dynacord DSP600 is connected via AES/EBU pass-through. DSP600 1 has 6 channels being used for "mains", meaning I run woofer-mid, midrange tweeter and super tweeter with it in stereo 3-way, while DSP600 2 has 4 subs connected to it in free configuration.

Now I want to try and NOT use the FIR filters I have with the Dynacord DSPs for the subwoofers to mains crossover (at 70hz), the resolution at 512 taps is too low, and I'd ideally like OpenDRC to handle this.

But I'm not sure how to set this up and whether this is possible at all. I can only load one FIR filter per channel from what I could see, but I need the mains to have a high pass at 70hz, while the subs have a low pass at 70hz. And I'd like OpenDRC to handle this. In the DSP600s, I'd set the high pass for the woofer-mid driver to thru, and all the sub highpasses to thru as well.

Is this possible to do where I use OpenDRC for the 70hz crossover region only between the subs and the rest of the drivers, and I handle other crossover points with the DSP600?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Setting Crossover for Subs and Mains /w OpenDRC 5 years 5 months ago #24422

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1588
Hmmmm..... I think it would probably be helpful if you drew a diagram of your system configuration... <- HINT :)

WIth that said, you can't use the OpenDRC to do a crossover in stereo. You would need two OpenDRCs for that (one per channel). Not sure if that helps...?
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

Setting Crossover for Subs and Mains /w OpenDRC 5 years 5 months ago #24433

• Twolions
  • Twolions's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah, I get what you're saying. I think, with the way I have things set up right now, this won't be a possibility. Having two OpenDRC would present a whole new range of problems for the current setup I run :)

Setting Crossover for Subs and Mains /w OpenDRC 5 years 1 month ago #26725

• philschw57
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello

On the MiniShark in OpenDrc you have 4 / four I2S OUT (J2 Expansion port).

One of them is allowed to DIGI-FP or AN-FP or FP-DA board (pin 16 for I2S DATA OUT1&2 ) for SPDIF or AES/EBU or Analog OUTs.

So you can have 3 more left I2S OUTs
(with upgrade DIY conversion I2S to SPDIF or AES/EBU )
www.audiophonics.fr/fr/interfaces/interf...-wm8805-p-10893.html

and all the crossovers needed with 4x8 Plug-in

www.minidsp.com/images/documents/Product...%204x8%20plug-in.pdf

Am i right ?

Thanks
Have a good day...
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

Last edit: by philschw57. Reason: add

Setting Crossover for Subs and Mains /w OpenDRC 5 years 1 month ago #26759

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1290
The comment of @ philschw57 is indeed very much correct. It's a bit more DIY but possible.. :-)
Upgrade the internal to use one of the I2S out port for an extra DAC and it will do the trick.

You'd have to drill the back for an extra RCA but it's DIY, that's the fun of it. Make sure you remove all pCB and really really clean the box well after drilling. Small metal particles + PCB with sensitive chipsets = short circuit.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: philschw57

• Page:
Moderators: devteam