Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

OpenDRC-DI with Acourate 5 years 5 months ago #24603

• Mitch
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Draki, I am using the regular Acourate, so these settings are at the filter generation stage.

If you have the DRC Acourate, here is an idea:
Try to change settings in the XML in this file:
\Documents\AcourateDRC\AcourateDRC.ini [Settings]
Close the program, edit the data and then open AcourateDRC afterwards again.

I don't really know which parameters are available in this XML as I don't have Acourate DRC but Uli once told me by mistake that some settings are changeable like this as he thought I had Acourate DRC...

BR
Mitch
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam, Draki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mitch.

OpenDRC-DI with Acourate 5 years 5 months ago #24711

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1290
@ Mitch,

Thanks a ton for sharing your info. Very valuable info indeed. :-)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

OpenDRC-DI with Acourate 5 years 1 month ago #27008

• Montoto
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Mitch! I own Acourate and I am indeed happy with the sound after having owned other digital room correction plugins. I mix into an analog console and monitor that mix through a bus inside Logic Pro. I host the convolution plugin on that track. The roundtrip of conversion has really low latency and I can mix while monitoring the mixdown track. But as soon as I activate LACONVOLVER, or Reverberate (convolution plugins with zero latency delay that host Acourate´s filters) I have a big latency and I don´t want to get used to it. Unless I can´t find a solution, of course. The sound of these speakers with Acourate is really nice... So I have a question; do you think I would be better with an Open DRC box that handled the filters? I would use it digital in and out, and route that to the speakers, as they have a really good DAC inside. How much latency would that have? Thanks a lot!! Kindest regards. Diego.

PS: I have a powerful computer, I don´t think I can lower the latency from the inside! My speakers are the new Kii Three, couldn´t be happier with the combo with Acourate.

OpenDRC-DI with Acourate 5 years 1 month ago #27016

• planetti
  • Thank you received: 7
If you correct the excess phase by Acourate, you inevitably get the delay of the time allpass filtering. That's not a bug, that's the unique feature of the FIR-correction. ;)

If you like to minimise the delay you must configurate Acourate to "minimal phase", then the delay is considerably reduced, but then there is no phase correction any more... :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

Last edit: by planetti.

OpenDRC-DI with Acourate 5 years 1 week ago #27593

• Mitch
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi ALL!

I do use Minidsp Open DRC AN and Open DRC D on two sets of speakers.
It works fine and allows me to avoid using convolution plugins so I can s^concentrate on mixing.

The latency is around 1 second if you have a full FIR filter running and around 3ms if you use minimumphase settings on the export XML menu of Acourate.
There are 4 sets of available filters so you can load both and swith between them if you like to control the difference.
I noticed a small difference between both, the minimum phase sounding more direct and the full phase a little more perfect but processed.

All in all I think the latency is the same with a convolution plugin as with OpenDRC, but Open DRC is really more handy and has a very good ADDA conversion.
The only problem is that the input is -10dBV, so if you want to output +4dBu, you will have to open the box and take out 4 jumpers that are on the XLR connection circuit (explained in the manual).
This acts as a PAD and the output will be lowered as well, but in a studio environement, the loudspeakers have an input gain anyway so you can compensate.
In live environment you should use a line gain after opendrc to bring it back to +4dBu.

That's a shame but it is the only problem, with the settings of excessphase in the filter generation stage of Acourate having to be carefully set otherwise the OpenDRC enters a buggy noisy state (read the beggining of this thread for more indo on that).

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

• Page:
Moderators: devteam