Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

MiniSharc won't connect 6 years 7 months ago #18039

Mini Sharc was working fine, connecting no problem. One time I went to access it to change some parameters, software said new MiniSharc detected and I clicked Sync settings, when it froze up. Left like this for a while but nothing happened. So I powered down the sharc and powered it back up, and it would not connect.

I downloaded the Forced Header firmware, and held the reset button while powering up, and was able to access it under the update firmware, and load the forceheader firmware on, it verifies ok and then I click on reset it says, reset successful then jumps to device not connected, the only way to get into load firmware is to hold down reset while connecting?? Is the unit bricked or anyway to bring it back?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MiniSharc won't connect 6 years 7 months ago #18051

Just an update, I did manage to get it back finally;

Here are the steps I performed;

-Uninstalled MiniDsp Software
-Deleted Settings.XML in documents/minidsp
-reinstalled software
-held reset while powering up miniSharc
-loaded forceheader.hex
-restarted (powered down, then powered up holding reset button)
-loaded newest firmware
-clicked sync button
-Restore to Default

MiniSharc won't connect 6 years 6 months ago #18126

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1290
Hello,

Glad to hear that you got it back up and running.. indeed odd that it went into that state.
Is it possible that you have another miniDSP products (e.g. 2x4 or other) installed on your PC? Possible that a wrong configuration got loaded by mistake.. just a thought..

Please open a ticket if this happens again. we'll investigate.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

MiniSharc won't connect 1 year 11 months ago #44454

• DSP_man
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I have the same problem - miniSHARC (board v1.2, May 03 2012) not seen by PC. It happened when I used a slow PC (Acer Aspire One D255E-13DQkk), and the miniSHARC stopped responding. It's now a brick.

I read the comments of alowe @equipfix.ca, but I don't know how to load forceheader.hex or what that file is, or what program to use to download this into the miniSHARC? I did hold down the reset button while powering up the miniSHARC board and the PC (a faster one, Toshiba S500 Pro, i5 processor with Win7 professional) said it's updating the USB driver. But when trying to connect through the miniSHARC 4x8 app (v 1.11) it does not see the miniSHARC. This faster PC with the miniSHARC app works fine on another miniSHARC board.

How can I bring this miniSHARC board back to life again?

Thanks

• Page:
Moderators: devteam