Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: nanoAVR DL Upgrade Tool "connects" but...

nanoAVR DL Upgrade Tool "connects" but... 1 month 3 weeks ago #38552

• guisar
  • Fresh Boarder
I can "connect" to the unit but when I hit "Enter bootloader" I always get a "Fail to Connect" error popup even though the tool itself still says it's connected (in the status box on the lower right of the upgrade tool window). I'm trying to upgrade my current HDA which is obvious I hope. I have already updated the firmware to nanoAVR_DL_v1.22.hex and then 1.30, didn't have any problems with that. Now I'm lost as I'm not sure how to finish the upgrade process by emailing the file to minidsp for registration.

I then (because there was no sound from my dsp) "downgraded" the firmware to the previously working regular firmware, nanoAVR_v1.30.hex and set the outputs and routing to my previous setup. Now, I have no sound. The nanoBM application connects and I can alter settings but there's zero sound from any output or input.

I would REALLY appreciate ideas for how to get either the regular firmware or the Diract operational as I have no stereo at the moment and that make me very sad and regretful of purchasing the Dirac upgrade.

TLDR: tried to install Dirac, couldn't. reinstalled old firmware and setup but now have zero audio output.
How can I get the regular FW working?
Even better, how can I get my $300 Dirac purchase running.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by guisar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

nanoAVR DL Upgrade Tool "connects" but... 1 month 3 weeks ago #38591

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 919
@guisar

We're assuming that you did as follow:
a) Push the firmware upgrade for the nanoAVR DL
b) Once done, use the nanoAVR DL utility (as nanoAVR plugin won't work anymore at that point, it's not a nanoAVR HD/HDA anymore)
c) At connecting, load the license file.

Unfortunately unsure as to what is the issue here but starting a tech support tix would be the way to go..
This forum is only for "Community support" i.e. not our official support portal.
Here is a way you can start a tech support tix to get some help from our team: support.minidsp.com

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

nanoAVR DL Upgrade Tool "connects" but... 1 month 3 weeks ago #38592

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 919
@guisar

We're assuming that you did as follow:
a) Push the firmware upgrade for the nanoAVR DL
b) Once done, use the nanoAVR DL utility (as nanoAVR plugin won't work anymore at that point, it's not a nanoAVR HD/HDA anymore)
c) At connecting, load the license file.

Unfortunately unsure as to what is the issue here but starting a tech support tix would be the way to go..
This forum is only for "Community support" i.e. not our official support portal.
Here is a way you can start a tech support tix to get some help from our team: support.minidsp.com

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds