Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Be able to use internet while on WI-DG SSID? 1 month 4 weeks ago #63187

• Monukoshy
  • Monukoshy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I am new to WI-DG, I was able to set it up yesterday and used the IP address in my miniDSP 2x4HD to connect. All works, except for the internet. Because once u connect to the WI-DG wifi/SSID network, u cannot connect to the internet simultaneously. SO how can I connect to the internet while still being connected wirelessly to WI-DG?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Be able to use internet while on WI-DG SSID? 1 month 4 weeks ago #63193

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 526
What do you have in mind in terms of 'connecting to the internet'? The WI-DG is only intended for wireless configuration of the miniDSP, not for example for music streaming.

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.

Be able to use internet while on WI-DG SSID? 1 month 4 weeks ago #63196

• Monukoshy

What do you have in mind in terms of 'connecting to the internet'? The WI-DG is only intended for wireless configuration of the miniDSP, not for example for music streaming.

I am getting help remotely for tuning my sub/speakers. Its a remote calibration company. They are using a remote desktop software like teaviewer on the mac on which minidsp is installed with rew.
Now when WI-DG is connected the remote desktop will not work because the internet is disabled due to wi-dg. My amp is in the rack room routing the wires all the way from the rack room for speakers and rca will not work, its way to long and complicated from stairs and different room levels.

Be able to use internet while on WI-DG SSID? 1 month 4 weeks ago #63197

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'd love someone to come along to prove me wrong but I fear there may not be a way to do what you want. You could try contacting miniDSP support via the link at the top of the page in case they know a way you can make this work too.

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.

Be able to use internet while on WI-DG SSID? 1 month 4 weeks ago #63198

• Monukoshy
Remote Calibration is a real thing and a lot of people like me who are not good with tuning uses this service, infact now they use it even more than ever.
If WI-DG has to be a true wireless product then they will need to inculcate this feature.

Be able to use internet while on WI-DG SSID? 1 month 4 weeks ago #63204

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I've just checked the WI-DG manual and actually it looks like you can do what you want. Read the manual yourself but it sounds like you've tried the 'Access Point' mode rather than the 'Station Mode' that you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monukoshy

Be able to use internet while on WI-DG SSID? 1 month 4 weeks ago #63206

• Monukoshy
Yay, you were right, I can now connect to the internet while the WI-DG is connected and works wirelessly with my minidsp. Thanks for the tip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ultrasonic

Last edit: by Monukoshy.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam