Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2x4HD dual subs inaudibly quiet 1 month 4 weeks ago #63056

• broussar88
  • broussar88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Just got my first miniDSP 2x4HD with umik-1 (used). Trying to setup 2 sb-2000 subs with avm60. Subs are extremely quiet when playing the test tone.Reset miniDSP. Using input 1 and output 1,2. The level meters are showing good signal in the miniDSP app. Followed Home Theater Gamer YouTube tutorial and also Home Theater Guru. I can see sound is there on the REW SPL meter. The level drops when I stop the test tone. But its not even loud enough to be audible.

More details
AVM60 playing sub test tone. Comes out loud on both subs connected direct from avm60 to each sub. Sub trim set to 0. Arc off. LPF for LFE 120hz. All crossovers set to 250hz. Both subs set to ON (not auto). Gain at max, phase at 0, LPF at max. Move sub connections to minidsp. MiniDSP, reset to factory. Input 1 connected set to 0db. output 1,2 connected set to 0db. output 1 xover bypassed both high & low, linked to output 2. Both subs produce output but very quiet. SPL meter reads 60 when subs are "playing" test tone through dsp and 45 when no test tone playing.

I have also tried moving the jumper on input 1 to 4V which didn't seem to change anything.
I think I've ruled out everything else. All signs point to a bad unit. Any suggestions? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2x4HD dual subs inaudibly quiet 1 month 4 weeks ago #63057

• dreite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 753
Please post your XML configuration file.

Dave.

2x4HD dual subs inaudibly quiet 1 month 4 weeks ago #63059

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 518
The first thing I'd check is if there is a high-pass filter active on outputs 1 and 2. There may well be even after the reset.

What are the input and output signal levels (in dB) shown on the miniDSP plugin? What does a frequency sweep measurement look like?

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.

2x4HD dual subs inaudibly quiet 1 month 4 weeks ago #63084

• broussar88
xml attached.

high & low pass filter are both set to bypassed on output 1&2.
Input and output are ready -7db when avm60 sub test tone playing.

Attachments:

2x4HD dual subs inaudibly quiet 1 month 3 weeks ago #63090

• dreite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 753
That's just a simple configuration that "Y"s input 1 to output 1 & 2.
If you have the input jumpers set on the stock position, the 2x4HD will be unity gain.

Your unit is either bad, or there's something missing in your explanation.
You did push the configuration into the unit by clicking the "Connect" button, yes????

Dave.

Last edit: by dreite.

2x4HD dual subs inaudibly quiet 1 month 3 weeks ago #63096

• broussar88
I did try moving input 1 jumper to 4V configuration which didn't seem to make a difference.
i am connected, I can see the signal going through. I can mute and see the SPL drop slightly but with everything full blast I can't hear more than a faint rumble.

If the unit is bad is it feasible to repair it?

• Page:
Moderators: devteam