Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

volume control 2 months 1 day ago #62978

• moter97
  • moter97's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
can i control the volume throguh optical connection with my samsung tv ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

volume control 2 months 1 day ago #62981

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 518

can i control the volume throguh optical connection with my samsung tv ?

Typically the volume of the digital outputs from a TV is fixed but I suppose it's possible your TV is different so check its manual. No TV will be able to control the master volume of a miniDSP but it's whether the encoded volume of the digitial signal can be changed or not is the only question.

volume control 2 months 1 day ago #62983

• moter97
Hey , im asking because i am using 2.1 system in my bedroom and i orderded  mini dsp 
but than i realize that if i will use the stereo amp volume control it will not affect the sub woofer and i will have to adjust the subwoofer manually .
So my question is , i have to order  mini dsp remote for volume control or there is another way ?

volume control 2 months 1 day ago #62986

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Could you give some more information on exactly what your system comprises of currently and how it's connected up/operated? This will help understand what your options may be.

What were you looking to achieve with the miniDSP?

volume control 2 months 1 day ago #62987

• moter97
Hey im using 2 passive speaker connected to stereo amp loxjie a30 .
i have also  small active subwoofer from q acoustic that is also connected directly to the amp ( sub pre out) .
when the mini dsp will arrive i will connect the sub directly to the mini dsp and i connect the stereo amp for the speakers via rca cables to the mini dsp . I will connect the mini dsp to the tv using the optical connection 
wich means if i will turn up the volume on the stereo amp , the sub will stay on the same level because its not connected to the stereo amp , right ? 
I have ordered the mini dsp 2x4 hd 
my goal with this is to correct frequency response of the speakers and the sub with crossover and eq  and to see if there is any problems with my room acoustics that i can fix .

Last edit: by moter97.

volume control 2 months 1 day ago #62988

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hey im using 2 passive speaker connected to stereo amp loxjie a30 .
i have also  small active subwoofer from q acoustic that is also connected directly to the amp ( sub pre out) .
when the mini dsp will arrive i will connect the sub directly to the mini dsp and i connect the stereo amp for the speakers via rca cables to the mini dsp . I will connect the mini dsp to the tv using the optical connection 
wich means if i will turn up the volume on the stereo amp , the sub will stay on the same level because its not connected to the stereo amp , right ? 
I have ordered the mini dsp 2x4 hd 
my goal with this is to correct frequency response of the speakers and the sub with crossover and eq  and to see if there is any problems with my room acoustics that i can fix .

To use the miniDSP as crossover between sub and main speakers you really need to use it as a digital pre-amp to control volume too. If this is really what you want to do I'd strongly recommend the newer Flex model over a 2x4 HD due to it's display. I don't know but if your 2x4 HD hasn't shipped you may be able to change to this... I have used a 2x4 HD as digital pre-amp by the way so it certainly can be done but this experience is why I appreciate the value of a display. If used like this I would recommend a remote control, although the other option would be to use a computer connected via USB to adjust volume. When using the 2x4 HD as a digital pre-amp you'd keep the volume on your stereo amp fixed, as you would the gain on your subwoofer.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam