Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No subwoofer output on analogue input 3 days 2 hours ago #62893

• dominicshowlaing
  • dominicshowlaing's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 0
I've been using my mini dsp hd for a few years with no issues. I have a usb input from my windows 10 pc to the mini dsp and the output goes to an amplifier for left and right full range speakers and a third channel is outputted to an active subwoofer. I decided to hook up my echo dot with a 3.5mm line out. I can get outputs to channels 1 and 2 i.e. the full range speakers via the amplifier but I can't get any output on channel 3 to the subwoofer. What am I missing? Assuming this is possible? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No subwoofer output on analogue input 2 days 15 hours ago #62899

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 463
Are you saying you're using a 3.5 mm to RCA cable between Echo Dot and you 2x4 HD? Are you using the same preset as for your USB input? If not the issue is likely a plugin signal routing or crossover filter one.

No subwoofer output on analogue input 1 day 21 hours ago #62911

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1425
Some great suggestion by Ultrasonic already! 

Easiest to first confirm that you are indeed sending signal to the sub?  Just connect to the plugin and use the RMS meters to confirm that you already have signal out that output 3 at the output section?  

Most likely using a wrong routing OR wrong preset for that channel would be the most likely here. 

Please start a support ticket if that's not the case (support.minidsp.com). 
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

No subwoofer output on analogue input 1 day 3 hours ago #62933

• dominicshowlaing
  • Away
Yes I'm connecting a 3.5mm jack lead to the echo dot and then it goes to the analogue inputs by 2 phono connectors. I am using exactly the same cross-over set up for the full range speakers and the subwoofer as I had on the USB input.

I've just noticed something though which most likely is obviously the big issue, there is no control of the mini dsp hd by the software when the input is switched to analogue. I select 'analogue' as the input and sound comes out of my amplifier but no signal levels are being shown on the input levels or any of the output levels on the software. The sound appears to be bypassing the mini dsp software entirely. In fact when I rebooted the PC the sound kept playing directly from the echo dot straight through the mini dsp and out to the amplifier.

Is there a setting I need to adjust? Or is it not possible to control an analogue input with the mini dsp software?

Last edit: by dominicshowlaing.

No subwoofer output on analogue input 12 hours 34 minutes ago #62945

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I've just noticed something though which most likely is obviously the big issue, there is no control of the mini dsp hd by the software when the input is switched to analogue. I select 'analogue' as the input and sound comes out of my amplifier but no signal levels are being shown on the input levels or any of the output levels on the software. The sound appears to be bypassing the mini dsp software entirely. In fact when I rebooted the PC the sound kept playing directly from the echo dot straight through the mini dsp and out to the amplifier.

All sound processing happens in the miniDSP itself, not the software. A computer needs to be connected for configuration but not for normal use. I virtually never have a computer connected to my miniDSPs when they're doing their thing, including as I type this  .

However, if you're connected to a miniDSP using a plugin and just change the input this shouldn't break the connection. Using the plugin to change input anyway. When the plugin is connected you shouldn't use a remote control, and if you did perhaps this caused the issue you saw? Simply reconnecting the plugin would have probably got you back where you were before.

No subwoofer output on analogue input 4 hours 14 minutes ago #62958

• dominicshowlaing
  • Away
Well it seems to be working all correctly now. Not sure why but I rebooted all devices and then it started working as expected. All inputs and outputs showing levels and all configurable by the mini dsp software.

No subwoofer output on analogue input 4 hours 12 minutes ago #62959

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Glad to hear it's now working for you  .

• Page:
Moderators: devteam