Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

More gain from 2 channels than other 2 1 month 1 week ago #56849

• Madman1
  • Madman1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
So complete newbie here. Just getting my toes wet and I feel like I’m drowning already. I’m running the minidsp in a bi-amp setup. Tube monoblocks on the hf sections and class a ss amp on the LF section. I believe I have everything in the minidsp settings identical for both speakers, but I have to turn the gain up on in the tube amp for one speaker to match the volume of the other and also on that same speaker the bass is much “flatter” almost sounds like the polarity is crossed on the woofer. I’m not sure what I could have wrong that would cause this. I’ve switched the rca inputs, but the poor sound stays with that speaker and doesn’t change. I haven’t swapped the output rcas around yet which I plan to do today, guess that would narrow everything down to the dsp causing this. Any ideas what else to check? You can’t have a different output voltage setting for 1&2 outputs and 3/4 outputs, or can you? I didn’t have the gain difference using a passive crossover, but the bass is dramatically improved on the one speaker using the minidsp. Now if I could just get the other speaker to sound the same I’d be in business. Thanks in advance for you help. 

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Madman1.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam