Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mqa and SHD Studio 1 month 3 weeks ago #56748

• altsouza
  • altsouza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I know that SHD line doesn’t have Mqa capability, but my Dac that will be connected to the Studio does.
I will use Roon, and will have both connections,  via USB and volumino plug in.
How am I config Roon in this scenario?
Thanks 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mqa and SHD Studio 1 month 3 weeks ago #56757

• Ultrasonic
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
I can't answer your question but there is another one that you need to consider. Does the proessing applied by the SHD/Dirac Live affect whether any MQA 'unfolding' may be possible by your downstream DAC anyway? I don't know but I wouldn't be shocked if the answer was no.

I'd use Qobuz over Tidal personally unless the music library differences were important to you. That way you'd avoid the negative affects of MQA on sound quality. Alternatively conisder Spotify's lossless service when it becomes available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: altsouza

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.

Mqa and SHD Studio 1 month 3 weeks ago #56760

• altsouza
  • altsouza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi @ultrasonic,
In my Country Qobuz isn't available and Spotfy Connect isn't integrated in Roon, so I am left with Tidal.
Thanks

• Page:
Moderators: devteam