Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

MiniDSP 2x4HD seems to have non-linear response 2 months 3 weeks ago #56265

• EEE
  • EEE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your answer.
I realized that my reply above might not have been clear; so far, I have not connected the minidsp to my audio system, only to the laptop line in/ headphone jack. This is where I observed the dip. I want to do an audio test next week and will report back. 

After all previous replies, I do assume that it could be an impedence problem, even if the Soundblaster was supposed to handle it. Impedence seems likely in this setup but the dip should then not appear when the minidsp is connected to the amplifier. I will report back but will not manage to try it out before next week. 

Thank you for offering to help out via a ticket. If I cannot solve the problem, I will do so. 

P.S.: given that the rolloff should only happen after 48 kHz, why do you not reach out to audio science review because his test does paint a negative picture and it almost kept me from purchasing the device. 
Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MiniDSP 2x4HD seems to have non-linear response 2 months 3 weeks ago #56266

• dreite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 686
Audio Science Review never makes mistakes on their reviews.  :)

Feel free to point this out to him, but it won't make any difference.  He will not retract his conclusion or retest anything.  It's just not in his DNA.

Dave.

Last edit: by dreite. Reason: update

MiniDSP 2x4HD seems to have non-linear response 1 month 3 weeks ago #56774

• EEE
  • EEE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
It took a while but I finally had the time to hook up the minidsp to the amplifier. 
There is indeed no dip when I put it between the preamp and amplifier, hence, it must have been the impedence mismatch of the soundcard. First time that I saw something like this... 
Thanks a lot for all the advice! Now it's time to play around with the equalization. :)

• Page:
Moderators: devteam