Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Does Minidsp allow for larger speakers?

Does Minidsp allow for larger speakers? 2 weeks 11 hours ago #49571

My setup requires the speakers to be close to a wall. As I have tried out a few new speakers I have found this results in boomy bass and a muddy overall sound. The bigger the speaker/drivers, the boomier the bass. Since Minidsp (REW and Dirac) help correct this, does this mean I can feel free to go for a bigger speaker/driver knowing that the minidsp can cleap up the boominess?

The reason I ask is because I have found smaller speakers or bookshelf speakers to sound clearer and have more even bass, but they ultimately still felt small and didn't give the room-filling sound i'm looking for.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Does Minidsp allow for larger speakers? 1 week 5 days ago #49605

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 131
Yes, a miniDSP and REW or Dirac Live will allow you to control boominess caused by speakers close to boundaries. This doesn't mean that having speakers in this position will be optimal though, both for bass and the rest of the frequency range.

Another option for a full-range sound is to use a subwoofer in combination with smaller speakers, still using a miniDSP.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam