Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Total Newbie - Help with taking sub measurements

Total Newbie - Help with taking sub measurements 2 weeks 2 days ago #49551

• yhassine
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

I just set up a 9.4.4. setup with an 8805 Marantz.
I have 4 in-wall subs with each having their own amp.
I have one RCA cable from the AVR to the 4x10HD MiniDSP. And then 4 analog out RCA cables to the different amps that power the subs.
I have an HDMI cable from the Marantz to a laptop, and the UMIK to the laptop as well.
I followed the guides to set the mic up and I am able to pick sound up.
However, I seem to be at a total loss when running measurements on the subs.
It sounds like I am getting just the Left or the Right speaker, but not what I am wanting to get out of the MiniDSP and REW - which is just subwoofter alignment of the 4 subs.
From the guides, I set everything to Small in the AVR.
I set all crossovers in the AVR to 250
Base Mode in the AVR to LFE
The MiniDSP has the crossovers on my outputs (1,2,5,6) off so that they are flat, and there is no EQ.
I have my AVR volume to 80. Not sure if this matters.
Range on the measurement set to 10-120Hz
Soundcard set to Java with the Marantz Output.

It seems that when i turn on an output in MiniDSP and take a measurement sweep or just a Pink Noise check on Sub Cal, I pick up the Left or Right speaker and not much else. As you can see from the measurements in the screenshot, all four outputs appear to not be subwoofer focused.

Any help is appreciated. There is so much out there, I am sure I am missing some detail that is breaking this all. Thanks!
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Total Newbie - Help with taking sub measurements 2 weeks 1 day ago #49553

• yhassine
  • Fresh Boarder
Edit - cant find the delete button but I figured it out. One of the subwoofers was on polarity at 180 degrees and the level mode was variable. I turned those off and it seems to work!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam