Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Mac El Capitan 10.11.6 ?

Mac El Capitan 10.11.6 ? 6 days 4 hours ago #48538

• buzz
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello. Total newb but want to try Dirac in my difficult listening room for 2.1 operation. I see that my older mac with El Capitan 10/11/6 is not supported by Dirac Live 2.0. Can you set up one of the SHD devices with a new laptop or does the SHD units need the mac operable for daily operation?

Im thinking about one of the SHd devices with streaming, specifically to get the mac out of the system. So any advice appreciated. thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mac El Capitan 10.11.6 ? 3 days 6 hours ago #48595

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1572
You only need the Mac when you are doing the setup. Once you're done with that you don't need it connected (until next time anyway).

Or, I would expect you can run the older Dirac Live 1 with your El Capitan Mac.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam