Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: 2x4 + MiniDIGI stack analog and digital output?

2x4 + MiniDIGI stack analog and digital output? 7 months 1 week ago #46679

Hi everyone,

I have a MiniDSP 2x4 + MiniDIGI stack.
I have two digital sources coming in to the MiniDIGI beeing switched by a simple physical switch.
The selected signal is send to the MiniDSP and devided into High/Mid + Low Frequencies and send from the analog outputs to my amps.

Now I need to add another "listening zone". I would like to have the MiniDIGI output the unprocessed incoming signal to it´s digital output, so I can use that signal to feed an amp for outdoor speakers.

Is that even possible? I tried to use the loopback mode but I got no audio. Is the loopback mode only for testing purposes? Can it be used to output the unprocessed signal at the same time as the output from the MiniDIGI to the MiniDSP via I2S?

I´m out of ideas so any help would be highly welcome.

Yours
Niko
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2x4 + MiniDIGI stack analog and digital output? 7 months 1 week ago #46680

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1586
Hi, according to a diagram I drew up years ago, you can set the SPDIF to output the input signal after SRC. The correct jumper setting should be in the manual. The diagram is in this article - www.hifizine.com/2011/09/digital-direct-minidsp-stack/
HTH :)
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam