Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Mini dsp2x4 or floating point version

Mini dsp2x4 or floating point version 1 week 2 days ago #46601

Will the fixed point mini be enough for a 2 way crossover, room/system eq, and delay correction? Or should I go for the Sharc version?

Very new to these products and want to get my feet wet.

Thanks,

Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mini dsp2x4 or floating point version 1 week 22 hours ago #46651

• Tony_J
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Personally, I would go for the miniDSP 2X4 HD. Much more versatile, and allows upgrading to support Dirac (DDRC-24) in the future.

Mini dsp2x4 or floating point version 1 week 20 hours ago #46660

Tony,

Thanks for the input. Now I’m wondering about the DDRC-24. I don’t see a mention of DIRAC in the miniDSP HD specs.

Chris

Mini dsp2x4 or floating point version 1 week 20 hours ago #46661

• Tony_J
  • Senior Boarder
Chris
The DDRC-24 is the same hardware as the 2x4HD. If you buy the HD, you can purchase a software/firmware upgrade to DDRC-24 spec at a later date. Or go straight to the DDRC...
Regards,
Tony

Mini dsp2x4 or floating point version 1 week 19 hours ago #46663

• Ultrasonic
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
The 2x4 HD doesn't have Dirac but you can still do all you asked for with it if you want. In that you can makes measurements and design filters for room mode EQ using Room EQ Wizard and then import these to the 2x4 HD. Dirac is more automated and at least theoretically superior in what it can do but it is also more expensive.

Mini dsp2x4 or floating point version 1 week 19 hours ago #46664

• Tony_J
  • Senior Boarder
Ultrasonic wrote:
The 2x4 HD doesn't have Dirac but you can still do all you asked for with it if you want. In that you can makes measurements and design filters for room mode EQ using Room EQ Wizard and then import these to the 2x4 HD. Dirac is more automated and at least theoretically superior in what it can do but it is also more expensive.
...and you can upgrade a 2X4HD to DDRC-24 (with Dirac) at a later date if so desired.

Mini dsp2x4 or floating point version 1 week 13 hours ago #46668

Great input, thanks. HD it is.
Moderators: devteam