Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Single subwoofer question

Single subwoofer question 1 week 3 days ago #46019

• Pablo83
  • Fresh Boarder
I want to purchase a miniDSP to see if it would help tune my sub (SVS PB1000) as the YPAO room correction on my Yamaha RX-V381 may not be calibrating it properly and I only want to use the miniDSP for the sub. I feel like the mid-bass is lacking a bit.

Which model should I purchase? HD or regular?

I assume I would put it between the Sub and Receiver so LFE out on the receiver > MiniDSP > Sub

What do I do about the Yamaha YPAO settings for the rest of the speakers? It's just a two bookshelf speakers and a center. Leave YPAO on and tune the sub with it that way? I do have the options in the Yamaha to set the EQ to PEQ, GEQ or off.

The most important question, how do I set it up when I get the miniDSP and mic lol?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Single subwoofer question 1 week 3 days ago #46023

• Andre0815
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I connected the 2x4 to my SubOut of my Panasonic receiver and I overdrive the 0,9V Input, so I must ordered the 2x4 HD that I adapted opticaly later.

Single subwoofer question 1 week 2 days ago #46027

• Pablo83
  • Fresh Boarder
Yea I'm just going to buy a new receiver that has Audyssey
Moderators: devteam