Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: mini 2x4 HD expansion

mini 2x4 HD expansion 5 days 14 hours ago #44894

• Pete H
  • Fresh Boarder
First post, so I'll apologize upfront for not finding the answers that I"m sure exist on the forum.
Obviously I have a 2x4HD and have played with it a little as an active cross for a 2 way speaker build. Questions are:
1. Can Dirac be added to this unit? I couldn't find a plugin that I could purchase on the site.
2. If I'm wanting to do a 3 or 4 way can I just buy another one and split my input signal instead of purchasing a 4x10 ?

Ultimately I'm looking to purchase something that could accomplish all of the following (in a perfect world)
Active crossover for up to a 4 way
Great measurement and room correction capabilities for builds and final placement of systems in multiple environments.
On occasion, be able to use the same unit as a switch for up to 3 sets of speakers to A/B/C compare on the fly with the same source
Straight forward software to be able to control with laptop/tablet
Low noise quality piece.

Considering Mini/Xilica XP4080/Midas MR18 with analog crossover .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

mini 2x4 HD expansion 4 days 8 hours ago #44912

• Juoigâ
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
you can upgrade the 2x4HD to DDRC24: www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series/2x4hd-to-ddrc-24

on the 3 or 4 way: yes, with a second 2x4HD you can have 1 for the left and one for the right channel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam