Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Which Mini DSP for Primarily just Hifi EQ

Which Mini DSP for Primarily just Hifi EQ 6 days 6 hours ago #44890

Hello - Im looking at the Mini DSP for a stand alone EQ for my Hifi System , mostly to EQ old LPs...Im curious which Mini DSP is best connection for my set up where I won't lose quality....and also where int he chain?

VPI Turntable
MacBook Pro 2012 for streaming
Lyngdorf 2170 Amp - inputs : (High End RCA/XLR/HDMI/Digital )
Allnic H1201 Phono Stage

Also is the graphic EQ/ Parametric EQ app included with purchase or a plug in you have to buy?

Thanks!
Last Edit: 6 days 4 hours ago by tommypenngotti.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which Mini DSP for Primarily just Hifi EQ 1 day 14 hours ago #44942

• David60
  • Fresh Boarder
I thought the Lyngdorf already including DSP in its hardware/software functionality. The miniDSP can do EQ for you with a 10 USD plug-in. You will have to add the device into your audio chain between source and amplifier and accept all the extra signal conversions it will do, but is indeed possible.

Which Mini DSP for Primarily just Hifi EQ 1 day 8 hours ago #44947

Lyngdorf 2170 has room correction & a bunch of fairly useless "presets" . You can't adjust anything....

Picked up the MiniDSP HD , pretty cool so far....It definitely has enough features for users to go overboard or even not know that a filter or Cross Over is engaged & completely ruin sound....not for the casual listener looking for some old school graphic EQ.. :silly:

BTW - they have discontinued the graphic EQ shown on the MiniDSP website...parametric is way more extensive though...thanks
Last Edit: 1 day 8 hours ago by tommypenngotti.
Moderators: devteam