Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Two Copies of miniDSP_8x8 on macbook pro.

Two Copies of miniDSP_8x8 on macbook pro. 3 months 3 weeks ago #43309

• dewookus
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I just set up my 10x10HD crossover and it went very well. I liked it so much, I got a second 10x10HD crossover ( I need 7 inputs and 15 outputs for my actively crossed speakers) to replace a dead Xilica crossover I had been using.

My macbook pro is using Mojave 10.14.6.

I can't get the second copy of the plug-in to open. In Finder, I renamed my first copy miniDSP1 and the second copy miniDSP2, but when I try to open the second copy, nothing happens.

It must be possible to have two different operating copies, but I haven't had any luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Two Copies of miniDSP_8x8 on macbook pro. 3 months 3 weeks ago #43313

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1527
Hi, that's won't work anyway, one computer can't "talk" to more than one USB-connected hardware unit at a time.

[Update] I wonder if it's possible to use a VM to work around this.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by john.reekie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

Two Copies of miniDSP_8x8 on macbook pro. 3 months 3 weeks ago #43316

• dewookus
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I was just trying to do an offline setup of my second crossover unit. I had hoped I could open a version of the plug-in for each 10x10HD.
I realized later that I can just use a separate configuration for each unit: Config1 for the first unit and Config2 for the second. I won't have many choices this way, but that's no problem. I'll just have to be sure I don't have Config1 living on the second unit, etc.
Dave
Moderators: devteam