Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Questions about my setup

Questions about my setup 3 months 1 week ago #42943

• hansbusch
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear all,
here some information about my setup and how miniDSP could improve it. My main speakers are the Canton Ergo620 and as a sub I have an active Canton Ergo650. This is a desktop setup and I get the data via USB to a Cambridge DAC which feeds into a Marantz PM5005. My room is really problematic and I also have some treatment installed, but its far from good.

I could replace the Cambridge DAC with a MiniDSP and use the Marantz as a power amp. So here are my questions:

1. This would make the MiniDSP the PreAmp. However, I would need a physical volume knob. How can this be done?
2. Is it true that I just have to run a room correction with a mic and the software automatically improves the sound? How much knowledge and tuning is needed here or does this work mostly automatically?
3. I plan to upgrade my speakers in the future and maybe get into active bi-amping. Would this also work with a MiniDSP, so just hook everything up and the DSP does the magic to configure everything for me? Which product can you recommend?

Thanks a lot for ideas and comments.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Questions about my setup 3 months 1 week ago #42964

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1499
Hi
1. SHD has a volume knob
2. I suggest reading the manual
3. The active crossover part has to be configured manually. SHD or 2x4HD are the most suitable I guess.
HTH :)
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam
Moderators: devteam