Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
A general forum where you can ask all the basic questions about a miniDSP kit, how to integrate it in your system and make use of this revolutionary low cost DSP board.

NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: How to improve Dirac Live midband?

How to improve Dirac Live midband? 4 days 15 hours ago #42655

• luiluilui
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I own the MiniDsp DDR-24 with Dirac Live. After measurements and using Dirac recommended filter, everything is better, except the voices (male & female), They seems to me more edgy and "digital". Is there any way to improve in this aspect, modifying the recomended Dirac curve?.

I have already replaced the original power supply by a lps and the usb cable by a Supra 2.0

Thank you in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to improve Dirac Live midband? 2 days 48 minutes ago #42709

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 998
@luiluilui

We could be wrong but I doubt that the USB cable or power supply is the issue here.. It's most likely these 2 issues:
- Overstressing your speakers. Make sure that your target curve is BELOW the natural response of the speakers. Too much boost will make your speaker sound edgy as you're overstressing them.. it's physics.. :-)

- Other potential issue is that you're boosting too much and clipping somewhere.. Make sure that you have enough headroom inside the DSP at the input..

Last but not least, the target curve is your key here.. that's what you want to play with until you enjoy the results. It takes some times to adapt to your taste.

Devteam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam