Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
A general forum where you can ask all the basic questions about a miniDSP kit, how to integrate it in your system and make use of this revolutionary low cost DSP board.

NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Sub Integration - level control issues

Sub Integration - level control issues 2 months 2 weeks ago #42646

Hello... Newbie warning! I am having difficulty in using a MiniDSP-2x4HD with my system (optimizing using REW). Here is my hardware config:

Computer --> MiniDSP USB input
MiniDSP UMIK-1 --> Computer
Pre --> minidsp RCA inputs
MiniDSP out1 --> 300B 7Watt Monoblock amp --> R-Main Speaker
MiniDSP out2 --> Crown 200W Amp R-Chanel --> R-Base Cabinet
MiniDSP out3 --> 300B 7Watt Monoblock amp --> L-Main Speaker
MiniDSP out4 --> Crown 200W Amp L-Chanel --> L-Base Cabinet

The problem I am having is getting the levels of the base cabinets high enough. With MiniDSP Out1,3,4 muted and the input set to USB from my laptop and only the MiniDSP and Crown amp online to the R-Base Cabinet, I can not get the REW level where I want it. If I set the levels to 80dB (full range) Snip1 I get readings around 35dB Snip2. If I raise the output to -15 Snip3 the levels come up to abour 45dB but still far away from the 80db target setting.

What am I doing wrong as the 200W Crown should easily push the base cabinets to >120dB?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sub Integration - level control issues 2 months 1 week ago #42705

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1013
Hi There

Your issue sounds just of an REW setup issue.. Please check out the REW thread and UMIK-1 measurement app notes on our forum to get started. They will be of great help I think. :-)

REW is now setup with -35dBFS which is a very tiny signal for the pink noise.

Also, make sure to check your 2x4HD configuration. That's key to your setup...

Devteam,
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam