Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SHD gain adjustment 3 years 3 months ago #41750

• feathed
  • feathed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I need approximately +16dB gain to achieve 2V output as the input signal is only about 0.3 volts. I understand the output sliders as described in the owner's manual but I am confused on the input gain adjustment. I assume the Input gain and Output volume as described in dirac measurement section 7.3.4 page 41 affects ONLY the test signal. Is the p 65 dirac live level just a display or is it user adjustable? I do not understand the section 10.2 p 65 routing gain adjustment at all.
My input to the SHD would be from both the analog and SPDIF outputs of an Oppo 203. Currently I use a highly modified Behringer DCX 24/96 with both analog input gain adjustment and analog output volume control. Each has a maximum + 22dB gain. I would like to replace it with just the SHD WITHOUT a separate preamp for gain. My concern would be easily tested IF only MiniDSP had a return policy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SHD gain adjustment 3 years 3 months ago #42065

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1383
@feathed

It's indeed possible to achieve +16dB of gain. You can do so by combining the gains in the matrix mixer crosspoint (right click and gain at crosspoint up to +12dB) + gain at the outputs faders (+12dB again) so total could be up to +24dB which is a lot.. :-)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam