Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
A general forum where you can ask all the basic questions about a miniDSP kit, how to integrate it in your system and make use of this revolutionary low cost DSP board.

NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Basic miniDSP Home Theater questions.

Basic miniDSP Home Theater questions. 2 weeks 2 days ago #41656

• SteveG63
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a 7.2 system using a Pioneer Elite receiver and six external channels of amplification. The center gets it from the Pioneer.
The Pioneer uses MCACC as you are probably aware.

I want to acheive two things:
1. Room correct and EQ my two SVS PB2000s
2. Clean up the transition between my fronts and my subs.

What is the best solution here? My confusion is using the Pioneer and the miniDSP device (whichever one I go with) together. Do I get a pair of miniDSP2x4 and use one for my subs, and one for my Fronts? I'd be using two separate instances of the UI to tweak and then REW to measure??

Is that the correct approach? I know I could just set the Fronts to full range (remove the Sub from the Pioneer's setup) and use one miniDSP to crossover the Fronts/Subs but then that takes away the LFE contribution from the other five surround speakers. It would also take away individual volume control of the subs.

Lastly, what contribution from MCACC's room correction do I keep, and which do I reset or turn off?

Thanks guys and gals.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam