Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Main forum for support questions you may have for the community. Post your issues and we'll all try to help resolve them.

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Its a worry

Its a worry 8 months 1 week ago #40579

• bumpy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Many newbies like me will be looking here to finalise their questions before buying. One might expect a prompt response as a sale might well depend on it.

Its a worry that It seems to take days to get a reply and in many cases I see frustrated potential customers like me.

What is the etiquette for posting replies?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Its a worry 8 months 1 week ago #40583

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1499
Sems to me you should be asking what is the etiquette for asking questions. You know, like explain what you are trying to do and what it is you have difficulty understanding. Long time community members are, I think, wary of questions that betray no effort on the part of the poster to understand the product or read the documention first.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?

Its a worry 8 months 1 week ago #40590

• bumpy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Why does this question require all that detail? As a newbie it's difficult to elaborate until I have at least some fundamental info about the product. Its a simple question that requires just a simple answer and I can then get on and make a purchase. Why the drama?

www.minidsp.com/forum/minidsp-for-newbie...dsp-phase-adjustment
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by bumpy.

Its a worry 8 months 1 week ago #40599

• alandbush
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
With regards to MiniDSP, I’ll refer you to the following post.

Chinese New Year

Its a worry 8 months 1 week ago #40608

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1499
bumpy wrote:
Why does this question require all that detail?

Because without any context you could just as easily get the wrong answer as the right one.

Still, if alandbush's answer is the correct one, you need to get the 2x4 HD. It's a better unit than the 2x4 anyway.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?

Its a worry 8 months 1 week ago #40619

• rybu
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
bumpy wrote:
Why does this question require all that detail? As a newbie it's difficult to elaborate until I have at least some fundamental info about the product. Its a simple question that requires just a simple answer and I can then get on and make a purchase. Why the drama?

www.minidsp.com/forum/minidsp-for-newbie...dsp-phase-adjustment

I'm a miniDSP user and I answer some questions when I can. John.reekie has helped me with some of mine.

Your question is bad. As John says, you need to supply context. Which unit are you talking about? How do you intend to use it? What kind of phase do you want to adjust, at what stage of which process?

There might be a positive answer to your question, but I don't know what your question is.

The documentation isn't the easiest to read. The developers sometimes take their time to respond. You have to understand this is a very flexible DSP, so they can't be expected to know all the contexts every end-user is considering using the units in. And they can't read your mind.

But by-and-large I've found the forums here quite helpful, and I hope I've been helpful in kind.
Moderators: devteam