Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: MCHStreamer TDM input from ICS-52000 MEMS Mics

MCHStreamer TDM input from ICS-52000 MEMS Mics 1 week 5 days ago #44371

• alexmstahl
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I have connected an MCHStreamer to an Invensense TDM Microphone array demo board. (www.invensense.com/download-pdf/an-00009...ay-demo-board-guide/). It works very well!

Now, I am trying to connect the same MCHStreamer to four NotWired NW-AUD-ICS52000 boards .(www.notwired.co/datasheets/notwired/ds-nw-aud-ics52000.pdf). This board uses the same ICS-52000 and a very similar schematic. However it is not working properly. I just see low level crackling noise on the active channels.

I have compared the clocks and data signals, probing the MCHStreamer pins as well as the signals at the microphone chips. I have double-checked and rebuilt my connecting cables, using short leads and good grounding. I have yet to find any differences to explain why one board works and the other does not work. The TDM data stream looks similar, yet again with the Invensense board I hear good-quality audio and with the NW board, I just hear some noise.

My best guess is a timing skew on the SD net, just enough to invalidate the setup time requirement. But I have not been able to see this, just a guess.

Has anyone used the NW-AUD-ICS52000 boards successfully? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.