Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to advertise your miniDSP powered products for sale.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SHD Studio for Sale 1 year 8 months ago #46481

• steven2583a
  • steven2583a's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
I just bought a new MiniDSP SHD Studio on 1/13 for my downstairs system. The product sounds great and improves my upstairs system. But my downstairs system is higher resolving and a much larger room and I'm not happy with the altered sound stage. I'm now looking for a streamer that does alter the bitstream. So my unhappiness is your gain. I'm looking to get $650 plus shipping. This is $200 less then I paid for it a month ago. I'm in Southern CA.

This unit does NOT come with a Mic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by steven2583a.

SHD Studio for Sale 1 year 8 months ago #46524

• kaimaikid
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry to hear of your loss :silly:

Can I ask you why the Studio SHD did not work for you in your downstairs set up?

The reason why I ask is that I had my heart set on this unit to fix up my sound in the basement where I am running the Hegel H390 and Dynaudio Excite X44s, my sources are usb and toslink from my PC, coax from my Oppo 93 and finally ethernet from my Nas and the net, I need digital in and digital out only as my system has already got an extremely good dac so basically wanting something that will only alter the PEQ and nothing else.

I am in a situation where my sound studio for lack of better description is less than perfect with random surfaces everywhere and basically need to fix both the bass and mids

Cheers

SHD Studio for Sale 1 year 8 months ago #46526

• steven2583a
Let me tell you what I have and you can decide. I have a fairly high Fidelity system in my den.

Original Setup
Downstairs system.
QNAP-NAS->OPPO 205->Schiit Yggy->Ayre K-5XE->Theta Dreadnaught->Vandersteen 5A Carbon (built in power subs)

Office
QNAP-NAS->PC->Schitt Gungnir->Schiit Aegir->Thiel PCS + Home Made Sub JL Audio (Parts Express amp)

I tested 44.1/16, 44.1/24bit, and 96/24 bit.

My system downstairs has a real 3D sound to in. I can place instruments in a 3D plain. Sound wraps around you. Lots of depth on the soundstage from front to back. The sound is so right. I just hoped to correct some of the bass since I have some dips that I couldn't correct from the adjustments on my Vandys built in subs. My Office system is no where as 3D as my downstairs. Office, running the Dirac Live correction up to 1K sounded pretty good. Bass got better. Running it up to 20Khz didn't make it sound right in the high frequencies.

Taking the SHD downstairs. The sound stage changed a bit. It became more 2 dimensional. Vocals pushed forward and sounded louder. Couldn't really tell the depth of the instruments. The space between the instruments as in front to back was lacking. It sounded good still but different.

One of the point of Schiit Multi-bit DACS is that they keep all the original bits and have no estimates. I think the conversion lost some of the space bits.

So it really depends on how good your equipment is. Mileage may vary.

Hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaimaikid

SHD Studio for Sale 1 year 8 months ago #46527

• kaimaikid
So any thoughts of which direction that you'll head next?

SHD Studio for Sale 1 year 8 months ago #46561

• steven2583a
My oppo 205 works pretty good (quality wise) as a source grabbing the files off my NAS but the only thing that drives me nuts is the buggy Android app and they won't be updating it since they are mostly out of business. The interface plain jane, Sometimes it doesn't show what song is playing. It shows the first one of the album but then it plays the other songs but I can't tell what song it's playing. There is no image of the album cover. I would like to get a good quality source but really don't want to spend more than $500. It seems the vast majority players are with DACS. I thinking of maybe try the YAMAHA WXC-50 or the BlueSound Node 2 or 2i. The Yamaha is a switch on there to turn off the DSP and pre-amp functionality and a low Jitter setting. I heard the interface still needs work and is a little buggy. I would be willing to pay a little more if I knew that I as going to get quality in the signal path but everyone hypes the DAC and don't say much about the rest of it.

SHD Studio for Sale 1 year 8 months ago #46611

• kaimaikid
Still for sale?

if so, will you ship to Tauranga, New Zealand?

if so, could you get me a rough estimate for shipping and also do you take paypal?

cheers

SHD Studio for Sale 1 year 5 months ago #48374

• jackmw
If it's still available, I would love it. I am also in Southern CA so that might make delivery a little easier. Thank you very much

SHD Studio for Sale 1 year 5 months ago #48407

• steven2583a
SOLD

• Page:
Moderators: devteam