Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Home Theater Version of DDRC-88D 1 month 2 weeks ago #56828

• electrokardiogram
  • electrokardiogram's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi MiniDSP community,

First off, just want to say I think miniDSP is doing a lot of really cool things as a company and I love a lot of their products. I'm presented with the following dilemma -- the DACs in most home theater processors/AVRs are quite bad, when compared to the world of audiophile 2-channel. There are devices like the Bryston SP4, which probably has very good DACs in it, but that costs $17k. So I would rather use a competent multichannel DAC like the Okto DAC8, which costs roughly $1300, for home theater. This leads me to my request/message. I would like a box that's essentially the DDRC-88D but designed for home theater -- i.e., it has an HDMI eARC input (to connect your TV),  does surround decoding (Atmos, DTSX, etc), does Dirac multichannel room correction, and then outputs DIGITAL so I can connect the multichannel DAC of my choosing. I guess my questions are as follows:

1) Does minidsp plan to make any home theater products similar to what I described? Main features would be adding HDMI input and surround processing for home theater use. Right now everything feels targeted towards pro-audio, which is understandable but doesn't fit my use case.

2) If such products aren't planned, can you consider making them in the future?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam