Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: IL-DSP adjust input gain

IL-DSP adjust input gain 5 months 6 days ago #43935

• The Town
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I feel like I must be missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to adjust the input gain.
Specifically I want to set a negative input gain to avoid clipping when I adjust EQ frequencies to positive gain values.

This is referenced in the HA-DSP User Manual(pages 40-42) but not the IL-DSP User Manual.
I want to scale down the Input Gain stage, so that when the EQ stage boosts it, it remains in the range –1.0 to +1.0.

How can I adjust the input gain on the IL-DSP plugin?
Last Edit: 5 months 6 days ago by The Town.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: b0b

IL-DSP adjust input gain 4 months 4 weeks ago #44093

• Wanderer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 35
Hello The Town,
looks like your problem is similar to one discussed in this thread:
www.minidsp.com/forum/suggestion-box/162...istortion-protection
A solution offered there might help you too. I don't have an IL-DSP to prove it, but it should work if internal headroom is used in the DSP (i.e. allowing to prevent clipping by attenuation not on input but anywhere in the chain). Please see the linked thread for details.

Hope this helps.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Wanderer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam
Moderators: devteam