Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: 4 SUBS

4 SUBS 3 months 1 week ago #41664

• EMC
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a MiniDSP 2x4 HD. I like that I can I stream over USB and also make adjustments on my pc on the fly. Here is my configuration now I am bi amped passively on 3 way speakers, channel 1&2 routed to left & right speakers controls midrange tweeter, 3&4 controls of left & right bass bins. Speaker.setup is REW,EQED and TIME ALINED Ect.I would like to control 4 individual subs with dsp. what hardware can I add to MiniDSP 2x4 HD to do this? NOTE I have 2 computers on 1 monitor so I can set up and run 1 mini on 1 PC and set up the other mini box on # 2 PC.I was thinking set output 3&4 to full range on MiniDSP 2x4 HD send to analog input of miniDSP 4x10 Hd then I could use 4 of the 10 outputs for subs and 2 more for bass bins.Is that possible? The only thing if I want to upgrade all channels to Dirac Live it is not possible am I correct?
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by EMC.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4 SUBS 2 months 3 weeks ago #41933

• EMC
  • Fresh Boarder
No help does anybody have any ideas on this or suggestions if this can be done.

4 SUBS 2 months 1 week ago #42108

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1006
@EMC

Few options for this setup:
- Add another 2x4HD to perform multisub tuning as per here: www.minidsp.com/applications/home-theate...tuning-multiple-subs
- Upgrade to a miniDSP 4x10 so you can run all your speakers. The beauty of the 4x10 is that you'll be able to tune everything from one P no?

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam