Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: miniDSP SHD

miniDSP SHD 3 months 1 week ago #41660

• gug
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello!
My wishes:
1. 4 way Activ system with FIR filters and 96kHz
2. Volum and remote
3. Topp quality ADC for use with RIAA
4. Topp quality DAC for use with PC w. HR Music - and DSD files
5. CD input w. topp quality DAC

Is this a solution?
miniDSP SHD With FIR filters out to tweeter and midrange
digital out from SHD to 2x4HD with FIR filters for high woofer and sub woofer in right channel and annother 2x4HD for left channel, then I get a lot of tabs in the woofer region.

Thanks!
gug
The administrator has disabled public write access.

miniDSP SHD 3 months 1 week ago #41661

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1448
Hi, you would have to have crossovers for subwoofer, high woofer and midrange in each 2x4HD. Even then, you'd have to split and convert (SPDIF -> optical) the digital signal from SHD to 2x4HD somehow.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam, gug

miniDSP SHD 2 months 2 weeks ago #42046

• scan80269
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
miniDSP SHD does not support user-defined FIR filters. Dirac Live room correction uses up most of the SHARC DSP resources leaving none for FIR.

Your proposed configuration of connecting two 2x4 HD boxes downstream from an SHD will leave the tweeters and midranges using only IIR crossover filters from SHD.

If you really want FIR crossover filters for all transducers in a 4-way system, you may be better off with just a pair of 2x4 HD boxes, one for left channel and another for right, and use a Toslink splitter to send the same optical SPDIF signal to both boxes. The 4096 taps for each 2x4 HD will have to be split among 6 crossover filters. You can allocate more taps to the subwoofer and high woofer filters, though the total tap count may still be insufficient. A digital preamp upstream from the 2x4 HD boxes should provide the various inputs you want.
Moderators: devteam