Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Need to help to connect your MiniDSP kit to your system? Having some problems with the MiniDSP hardware? Simply Ask, we're here to help!

NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: 2x4HD volume often goes up instead of down

2x4HD volume often goes up instead of down 2 weeks 5 days ago #34405

• mstr-rptr
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello

Does anyone else have this problem? I have a 2x4HD with the MiniDSP remote. Often when I go to lower the volume with the remote, the DSP just keeps upping the volume after one press of the "VOL down" button. First time I almost blew my speakers, I managed to shut off both amps just before the magic smoke (luckily the amps are at arms length) . Now I always tap the button repeatedly so it recognizes VOL down after some volume gain. DSP firmware and drivers are all the latest version.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by mstr-rptr. Reason: Added "VOL down" before button
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2x4HD volume often goes up instead of down 2 weeks 5 days ago #34407

• deChrLam
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I have the exact same issue with my nanoDIGI. I also use multiple presses to decrease the volume.

Let's compare notes:
Plasma TV Yes/No
Remote control protocol: NEC/Sony/Philips RC6

I have a Panasonic plasma and some cheap small remote control - most likely NEC protocol (Not Sony, Philips or Panasonic = usually NEC)

2x4HD volume often goes up instead of down 2 weeks 5 days ago #34408

• deChrLam
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Did some testing - the problem is also in the other direction too volume goes down instead of up.
I confirmed my problem is the plasma TV. I replaced the IR Receiver in the nanoDIGI with a good quality Vishay some time ago due to the plasma blocking any kind of IR signal from my remote control. Plasmas emit huge amounts of IR.

I suspected the plasma and bought a Sony RM-X (car IR remote controls) for 1 Euro on ebay. Maybe a change of protocol will help with the problem - won't have the remote in my hands for a few weeks
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by deChrLam.

2x4HD volume often goes up instead of down 2 weeks 3 days ago #34425

• mstr-rptr
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't have a tv in the same room as MiniDSP, only 24" TN monitor. Also the distance to the device from remote is like 30cm / 12" so range should not be a problem. Not to mention that it is the MiniDSP official remote, that should be programmed immaculately I think.

2x4HD volume often goes up instead of down 1 week 5 days ago #34478

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 734
@ mstr-rptr

Very concerning report indeed! We haven't heard of this before but we're certainly going to try to reproduce this asap.
So we have same setup to reproduce the error for our engineers:
- miniDSP 2x4HD running the latest firmware from user downloads section,
- miniDSP remote + clear line of sight to the unit.
- Press volume down and it goes up instead? Any pattern or it's just random?

We'll quickly get down to testing this! THanks again for your patience.

devTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

2x4HD volume often goes up instead of down 1 week 5 days ago #34493

• mstr-rptr
  • Fresh Boarder
It is usually random. But I think it mostly happens with medium to short single presses of VOL down when I want to lower the volume a few notches and not a bunch
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds