Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Decibel levels way off after following manual

Decibel levels way off after following manual 1 month 1 week ago #50295

• czalarenta
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been setting this up and trying to get actual volume levels correct. After following the manual exactly and using the calibration files for my rig, the decibel measurements are WAY OFF. The decibel levels being measured in the rig are far higher than they are in reality, and I don't have any clue how to properly correct for this or get them accurate.

After following the manual TO THE LETTER, the miniDSP ears mics consistently measure much louder than it actually is, by anywhere from 5 to 18 dB. The variance is so all over the place that it isn't even a consistent figure off. Right now I have nothing on the rig and am in a silent room. In addition to the Ears rig, I have the NIOSH app on my phone and a handheld dBc meter. The phone says ~54dB, the meter says ~56 dB, and the ears rig is varying between 68 and 72 dB! This is the worst I've ever seen it. What could possibly be done to fix this?
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by czalarenta.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam