Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: IL-DSP control on Android & Linux: new app

IL-DSP control on Android & Linux: new app 1 week 2 days ago #44801

• supercurio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Multidisciplinary software R&D
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi !

Often switching between different headphones with the IL-DSP connected to an Android phone or Linux machine, it was fairly limiting to have to rely on a Windows or Mac computer to load make and load new EQ profiles.
Unfortunately, @devteam was no help so I took matter in my own hands and started a project to make the IL-DSP configurable from more platforms.

To make that happen, I reverse-engineered the IL-DSP USB control protocol and wrote a new, fairly complete implementation from scratch, by only looking at the messages sent back and forth between the miniDSP desktop program and the USB device.
Then I wrote command line utilities and finished a first version of an Android app.

Right now, the Android app is only a tech demo showing device info and providing a bypass toggle.
The app is now live in Beta channel on the Play Store!
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=supercurio.headphones.app

Does anybody have the same need as me and would benefit from this app?
Attachments:
Calibrate all the things :)

I'm working on an Android app for the IL-DSP.
It's available in the Play Store
And there's a support and discussion forum for it
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by supercurio.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: b0b

IL-DSP control on Android & Linux: new app 1 week 1 day ago #44844

• b0b
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I was holding off buying the IL-DSP until the minidsp devs released a mobile app (essential for this product really), but disappointingly heard nothing back from them about it. Now you're developing one though I will probably order the device. Looking forward to further updates from you on a fully functioning app. Brilliant work, thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: supercurio
Moderators: devteam