Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: miniDSP used on rebuild "University Classic"

miniDSP used on rebuild "University Classic" 5 years 8 months ago #12506

• classic
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello fellow members,
Completely new here, I was already helped with a quick question about having the miniDSP on 24/7 or not; great support !
Going active is a new experience as I always used passive filtering; could not believe adding more electronics , cables and amps would improve the sound....

After rebuilding my latest hornsystem as can be seen here; community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/1...university-classics/ , I listened to it
using a high quality passive 3-way crossover and the original midhorn and tweeter.

As stated in the last post of the thread, I went 2-way "by accident" and realized it sounded better. I had a audiocontrol 2XS lying around from my caraudio-era and used it with good results.
BUT after visiting Speaker en Co in Haarlem over here in The Netherlands and talking with Titus the owner about good active filtering I ordered the miniDSP.

After installing it yesterday-evening and playing around with some different settings, the sound is already much more natural than before..... did not expect that it would be so easy to get it up and running with my experience [ :whistle: none...] .

So here's another guy who has become a believer; this is one of the things of which one says; "SHOULD HAVE DONE IT EARLIER" .
THANKS miniDSP for making high-quality active filtering affordable and so easy to use.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by classic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

miniDSP used on rebuild "University Classic" 5 years 8 months ago #12523

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1499
Hey that's nice work! For me also, once you've gone active it's hard to go back.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?

miniDSP used on rebuild "University Classic" 5 years 8 months ago #12565

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1052
Very nice post and a big thanks for sharing with the community! Beautiful setup you have here... I hope it doesn't affect your relationship with your neighboors as it does look like a fair amount of power inside your living room! :-)

Thanks again for sharing,

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam