Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re: active XO coaxial and tapped Horns

active XO coaxial and tapped Horns 8 years 3 months ago #5752

• everwake
  • Fresh Boarder
I got my 2x8 in a box today, it replaces my previous 2x4 config and now my system is more or less complete.

Player: xbmc media player using toslink output
Mini DSP 2x8
front speakers consisting of Eminence Beta 10 Coaxial with Radian 475PB compression drivers in a 26L Bass reflex enclosure

38Hz Tapped Horns designed by volvotreter

One Cayin A-300B amp for tweeters
One Cayin A-88T amp for Mid
One T-amp 100 (PA amp) for subs

sorry for the crappy picture quality.

Overall I am very happy with the minidsp, there was an improvement when upgrading to the 2x8, probably because I could skip a AD-DA step by using the 2x8 as preamp
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by everwake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: active XO coaxial and tapped Horns 8 years 3 months ago #5782

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1140
Nice Project and thanks for sharing! Looking like a very neat&clean setup with both tube amps on either sides...

It seems like you were quick at doing the swap if you've already go something up and running and a picture of it.. :-)

Thanks again for sharing!

DevTeam

PS: please remember to modify your user name to make sure your email isn't publicized. You can do so from the User Profile page.
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by devteam.

Re: active XO coaxial and tapped Horns 8 years 3 months ago #5794

• everwake
  • Fresh Boarder
since I used the 2x4 before, switching was easy, being able to have 4 different settings and quickly switching between them is a nice feature though, that way I can have 4 different XO-settings programmed, and quickly switch between them for testing.

the only thing I am missing is the option of having outputs at line level despite using volume control for main outputs, I feed a DAC/ headphone amp from the digital out, and it is annoying that main volume control affects it, but still, great product =)

thanks for the heads up on the email
Moderators: devteam