Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re: MiniDSP IcePower Built

MiniDSP IcePower Built 8 years 8 months ago #4230

• DQ828
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I had a frantic few days before Christmas, building my two children Icepower/MiniDSP amps.

What I can tell you is, that if I was left to build the ARK, you all would have drowned. :)

I did managed to get the amps finished Christmas eve so no harm done.

They have been built using the Icepower kit available from a nice Chinese man on diyAudio, with a MiniDSP crammed into the case. I decided to go for a 12v PSU from various dead modems for the MiniDSP's, the plan is to leave the DSP on 24/7 & only switch the amp on & off, to avoid the horrible noise the DSP makes when being turned on/off. It's not the most elegant or Enviro friendly solution but I ran out of time & space for a better one.

They will run a set of speakers & supply the signal to the Sub I have made for the daughters 18th, better put the Sub together tomorrow as her birthday's the day after. My son get's a sub for his next birthday.

We gave my sons a run using the speaker's I built him for his 18th & all were very impressed, I have to say for the moment the amp modules seem pretty good & very well behaved.

Merry Christmas everybody.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MiniDSP IcePower Built 8 years 8 months ago #4251

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1140
Nice setup in a tightly packed Box! I don't think that you could have been fitting much more here.. :-)

We love the idea of giving Christmas gifts that combine with your DIY audio passion... Everybody is happy! :-)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Re: MiniDSP IcePower Built 8 years 2 months ago #6027

• daviddando
  • Fresh Boarder
Great build! May I ask where you got the box from? I have some class D amps and a minidsp 2x4 I need to stick in a nice enclosure.

Re: MiniDSP IcePower Built 8 years 2 months ago #6033

• DQ828
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi

The cases came with the Icepower module I purchased from ghent www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/1...5asx2-module-20.html
Moderators: devteam