Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My first MiniDSP project - DIY Vimberg TONDA Speakers 4 months 2 weeks ago #61264

• jiri1540
  • jiri1540's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Guys,

this project has started like two years ago and I am on a good way to finish it. I decided to do my DIY version of Vimberg TONDA speakers in active design using NanoDIGI + external DAC. As I wanted to have more inputs, I added AK4118 board with extra OPT/COAX/I2S inputs as well as and A/D board to have and analog input connection possibility. The output from the AK4118 board is an I2S so there is I2S to COAX converter and it goes to NanoDIGI. Little crazy, but working.

As for the speakers I finally decided for STEG SQ32 as a tweeter, ACCUTON C158-8-085 as a mid and 3x DAYTON RSS210HO-4 in series as a woofer. The Daytons will be power by a bridge-configured amps to compensate for the high impedance. At the moment first speaker is already in place, second one has been polyester-sprayed yesterday. It needs some days to cure before sanding and polishing.

Just to add info - the empty enclosure weights 72kg, fully equipped 90kg. It is made of MDF: bottom, top and rear panels 40mm, front baffle 80mm, side walls and braces 25mm and there is also approx. 8kg of sand in the bottom. Dimmensions are 1430 x 280 x 485 mm (H x W x D).

The amp still needs some finishing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jiri1540. Reason: Edding editional info

My first MiniDSP project - DIY Vimberg TONDA Speakers 2 weeks 4 days ago #62692

• jiri1540
  • jiri1540's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Finally, the amp is ready....

.....just have to move the second speaker from the workshop into the living room. Not easy to find somebody who is willing to move 90kg speaker .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam