Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2x10 makes changes possible, new setup.

2x10 makes changes possible, new setup. 4 years 6 months ago #23947

• classic
  • Fresh Boarder
One MAJOR advantage people seem to forget is that with a active system you can ALWAYS change drivers, amps, cables and get everything working together again.
Not to mention when you have moved to a new home, installing a whole different install...... only thing that stayed is the Minidsp 4x10 !

After moving to the new [freestanding] house, we were finally able to get the cornerhorns out of storage.
Getting everyting to sound just right is still a trail-and error affair, but things are getting better everyday.
Hope to get some help with solving the problems with the 4x10 as described in the suggestions thread so I can tweak a bit whenever I got the time.
Thanks,
Nico

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

2x10 makes changes possible, new setup. 4 years 6 months ago #24087

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1140
Goodness, these are big horns.. :-) Nice setup. Off it goes to the gallery to showcase your great setup!

Do you mind to point to us which post you're having issues? The suggestion thread is for Feature request, so most likely the reason why you didn't hear from the community? PLease send us the link. We can have a look at it.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

2x10 makes changes possible, new setup. 4 years 6 months ago #24155

• classic
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the support through Email; issue already has been found. It prooved to be a case of static discharge though the USB cable when plugged into the laptop.
The statis discharge came from myself after walking around on the new carpet.
When holding the metal part of the USB cable connected to the miniDSP in one hand, and a metal part of the laptop in the other BEFORE connecting the two, no issues have occoured anymore.

Thank You.
Nico

2x10 makes changes possible, new setup. 4 years 6 months ago #24172

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1140
@ Nico,

It indeed sounds like a earthing issue.. Almost like an ESD issue. Did you check that the unit is properly earthed? It almost sounds like a power supply that isn't properly earthed.. Just a thought.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam