Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: miniSHARC + Amanero + 4xPCM1794A

miniSHARC + Amanero + 4xPCM1794A 4 years 7 months ago #18187

• mr-marlen
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello!
I have done my 8 channel construction.
Here we have got 4xPCM1794A using own MCLK generator on board. Through ADUM1401 and ADUM1300 DAC board connecting to miniSHARC.
miniSHARC working in I2S slave In and slave Out. There is no generator on SHARC board. SHARC getting MCLK from ADUM1401 using wire form ADUM1401 to generator pin out on board. (someone telling me that SHARC disables its gen and accepting external MCLK on pin 9, but DS telling us that pin 9 only output so i didn't checked it :()
Amanero also using MCLK from ADUM1401 and working in Slave mode but generates BCK and LRCK. This BCK and LRCK sharing between all devices, and through ADUM goes to DAC also.
After DAC board i have got 8 channel relay attenuator. For now 6 channel working through attenuators and 2 channels directly to preamplifier on 2xOPA4132.

Some suggestions. Becouse BCK and LRCK in synchronius systems will be same for all devises it is better to make internal connection (software) of BCK IN/Out and LRCK In/Out on SHARC board in I2S in/out slave. For now it is wire connections between pins 14-20 and 15-21.

The next suggestions will be good but maybe needed only for me. I think it will be good if SPDIF TX, RX will have 2 working options in i2s in/out slave.
1 option. SPDIF RX decodes inpud data to BCK and LRCK which generates master device like Amanero. To sync our SPDIF source we can generate SPDIF Frame Sync signal on SPDIF TX. Such option have sound cards like Esi [email protected], M-Audio and etc. with external sync.
2 option. SPDIF RX working with ASRC and decodes input data to BCK and LRCK which generates master device like Amanero.

cloud.mail.ru/public/b6ff78664219/8ch%201.JPG
cloud.mail.ru/public/ed7fcde73f3c/8ch%202.JPG
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by mr-marlen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

miniSHARC + Amanero + 4xPCM1794A 4 years 7 months ago #18236

• mr-marlen
  • Senior Boarder
Make measurement with FIR filtter (2048 taps phase correction). -5dB digital attenuation on output in SHARC.
Last pic. square wave to see how filter works, others - Harmonic distortion.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by mr-marlen.

miniSHARC + Amanero + 4xPCM1794A 4 years 7 months ago #18284

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1052
@ mr-marlen

Thanks for sharing what looks like a really neat project! How does it sound in the end? :-)
Your suggestions for modification of the firmware will be added to our list for evaluation by our team. Thanks again for the feedback.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

miniSHARC + Amanero + 4xPCM1794A 4 years 7 months ago #18300

• mr-marlen
  • Senior Boarder
Hello!
For now it is using as phase linearisation for my stereo passive 3 way. Sound good.
Thanks for the praise but I think it is not neat project. It will be neat if there will be 1 or 2 factory PCBs for all components and good aluminium chasis. But my wish was to make this project as cheap as possible without significant audio degradation. I think i've done it.
The next steps is to make 8 channel amplifier (2xL15Dx2 and 4xLM3886) and 3 way based on WMTMW design using Scan Speak 26W4867 x 2, Tang Band 751558SE x 2 and Mundorf AMT2510C.
Moderators: devteam