Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: DDRC-8A support for Dirac Level 1 multi-sub?

DDRC-8A support for Dirac Level 1 multi-sub? 4 weeks 1 day ago #52519

• eugelee
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello. I have a Marantz pre-amp processor and 5 channel amplifier. I'm not interested in upgrading to a new pre-pro yet but want to use Dirac Live to optimize my setup (rather than older Audyssey XT) and especially want Dirac to align/calibrate my multiple subwoofers (currently 2 subwoofers).

Plan is to use a DDRC to handle the 5 channels and the .1 LFE would be sent to two outputs for the subwoofers.

I've read that the latest Dirac Live 3.0 with bass management (or bass control, I often get confused) supports multiple subwoofers natively if you have "Tier 1" support. But the MiniDSP articles (application notes) say to use a DDRC-88A and MSO for multi-sub. I currently have a 2x4HD that was setup using REW and it works well but I want to go full Dirac for my speakers and multi-sub optimization.

Is this currently available? If not now, will Tier 1 subwoofer support be added to a DDRC-88A anytime soon? If not available now but coming, I could setup the DDRC-88A to support my 5 channels and keep the optimized subwoofers via 2x4HD... and then upgrade to Tier 1 later... as I'd prefer the all-in-one "all Dirac" solution if possible.
Tier 1 allows management of any number of subwoofers, analyzing each one to create a single-optimized sub channel that drives each subwoofer. It also enables precise control of frequency cutoffs for all speakers. Tier 2 offers advanced setup for a single subwoofer, while also providing control over parameters and applying frequency filters to all speakers based on measurements. Tier 3 is a free module for all current Dirac Live customers and OEMs, permitting standard bass management with the added benefit of predictive results.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by eugelee.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam